Sunday, May 10, 2009

Light

Walking home in the warm gloaming, you'd have thought I'd been drinking something other than mild coffee. The straight shots of light from the setting sun slid right through me, opened and lighten me as I walked. 

A tree growing between parking lot and street was so illuminated, every seam on its bark so precisely lit ... there was a single sucker, a miniature leaf cluster (one stem, five leaves, the whole thing less than an inch across) right at my shoulder height. I  plucked it off and carried it home like a talisman. 


3 comments:

  1. Helloooo. I saw your comment. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.
    I love the comments. Sad for an hour a day seems like a lot. I am still struggling to find enough time to exercise and meditate and now I have to add being sad to that list. ugh

    I think I'll skip it. I know how to grieve and have grieved and have grieven. *ha!* Currently am eating popcorn and tonight will attend belly dancing lessons for my first time in a couple of years.
    I am working on a list of good things about autumn.

    You don't write in your blog often. This is the first I've seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see the perspective from another rather than me.

    ReplyDelete